#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

what kind of ring are you?

Facebook has been littered with all sorts of quizzes lately. What Harry Potter character are you? How much of a Utahn are you? (I got a ridiculously low score on this one, thanks most likely to my disregard of Diane Rehm.) Well, there was this one that I took for kicks and giggles: What kind of engagement ring are you? Since I live in Happy Valley and everyone around me is getting married, married, or talking about wanting to be married, I took the quiz.

The ring was the ugliest thing ever and most appallingly unlike me. I deleted the entry and haven't thought of it since. Until today, that is. I stumbled across this while perusing the world wide interweb. I fell in love in less than a second. This, ladies and gentleman, is the kind of engagement ring I am.


Why am I this ring? Well, for those who don't know me, my accessory collection consists of pearls, silver, and that's about it. I'm preppy. It's what we do. Pearls! Then there's the funky band on this, giving it an artistic flair. The reason this is truly the ideal ring for me?

It's $75.

That's it.

I don't need an expensive ring, in fact, I don't want one. I don't want a big diamond that will most definitely bring me bodily harm. No, I'd much rather have this simple pearl ring, with a lower setting than the monstrous rock and most definitely a lower price tag. To be honest, I'd rather the money be spent on a washer and dryer, or a bed, or bookshelves (heaven only knows I'll need several of those) than on one little piece of jewelry.

What kind of ring am I? I'd like to call it Classy on a budget.

4 comments:

  1. Um, I'm obsessed with that ring! Where did you find it?

    Plus I love being classy on a budget (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhhhh...the beauty of a pearl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful ring! Truly perfect for you... I always think pearls = Bekka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading and scrolling through this post...As soon as I saw the picture I thought Bekka that is beautiful and then I continued reading to where you said the ring you got was so ugly. I was confused until I finished reading. I guess I should not skim forward to pictures :)

    ReplyDelete