#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

mother's intuition

I have never been the girl who was over the moon excited about being a mum someday. I never chose potential baby names for future offspring. Kids and I have never really gotten along all that well. Mind you, I have always wanted to be a mum, eventually. After I learn how to cook, manage my finances, find the right guy who can handle being with me, and earning several degrees of varying levels all in overly academic fields.

Lately, though, a cute baby makes me go weak in the knees and my ovaries start freaking out. "Reproduce! Reproduce now!!" my body seems to be yelling at me. It's weird! I have no idea what to do with this! And it just keeps getting worse. Lebanese children with almond eyes and curly dark hair, black babies with nappy hair, my little cousin Lydia who says "toot" in place of "cute." Do these darling creatures understand how heartless their existence and sporadic appearance in my life is? Apparently not! Just this morning I caught sight of a pudgy baby while running errands.

My ovaries are just going to have to learn to deal with disappointment.

5 comments:

  1. Bekka, I need to call you!! I am awful and apologize!

    I also just found your blog from FB and LOVE reading it. You write so beautifully and I just want to soak in your perspective on life. Thank you for sharing all your thoughts!

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I loved this post. You are a wonderful person. I love reading your posts. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember you have a surrogate nephew out here that you could borrow when you feel like it. Just return him after his mission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful for all things "toot".

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete