#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2015

ode to the morning



It's morning, my favorite time of day.  Poor Andrew is not much of a morning person, at all.  He's the night owl in our marriage.  While I fall asleep a few hours before he does every night, I also wake up several hours before him every morning.

Those few hours are some of my favorite of the day.

Have you ever noticed how magical morning is?  Everything is calm and still.  The heat of the day is still far off.  Golden light makes trees outside my window sparkle with fairy light.  My imagination comes alive in those hours, and if I can really tap into it, I am at my most productive before ten o'clock.

Today is not one of the productive mornings, though I desperately need it to be.  I'm sitting at our kitchen table, also known fondly as My Studio and My Desk, with a piping hot cup of roiboos tea.  I have calm music playing in the background.  All is calm.  All is good.  All will be well.

These mornings have been vital to my sanity lately.  We have been encountering some major life decisions, personal struggles, and heavy work loads.  It's been...hard.  Doable, but hard.  Most nights we both fall into bed, exhausted physically and emotionally.  Some nights the struggles have been too hard and sleep is a menace, toying with our well beings.  In the morning, I don't have to worry about those things yet.  In my drowsy state, everything seems possible and rosy. A few blissful hours where I don't have to "adult" yet.

I love the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment