#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Pages

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Another Book on the Shelf

After another late night thinking session, I came to the end of my journal late  yesterday.  While this doesn't seem like the most exciting thing in the world, it's always a significant event to me.  Here's why: each of my journals (and there are many) become good friends to me.  I take the small notebooks everywhere with me, truly, and so when I place a completed book on the shelf, I feel as if I am losing the company of a dear friend.  

I got to thinking about how different my life is since I started this journal last July. I just wanted to take a moment to document some of the changes that have occurred to me in the past year.
  • This time last May, I was still working on my undergrad
  • I thought I was moving back to Michigan
  • Had no job
  • Had no life (No really, I was a really huge hermit last summer!)
  • Was considering going to law school
  • Didn't have a place to live
  • I was flat broke
  • I had a really great tan
And that just about sums  up my life last summer.  This summer, on the other hand, is much different.
  • I have a job
  • Not in school
  • Studying for the GRE
  • Planning to move to Ohio in a few months
  • FINALLY found a graduate program
  • I have more of a social life than I know what to do with
  • Never home (i.e. not a hermit)
  • Have some savings
  • Absolutely no tan
Lastly, but most definitely not least, 
  • I'm happy!
Trust me when I say, that's huge progress!  Hopefully this next journal (another mahogany brown leather book like the one I just finished) will be able to document another year of great changes.  Something tells me, it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment