#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Pages

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Have you ever seen those Windex commercials, where the window ends up so mysteriously clean that ignorant animals-and sometimes humans-end up running headlong into the crystalline glass?  Well, I am by no means the best housekeeper in the world, but a few weeks ago, I did undergo the painstaking process of washing the sliding window coming off of our dining room.   The results were nothing near the Windex commercial, thanks to unknown years of built up dirt.  But I was more than satisfied with the ample amounts of sunlight that were freely flowing into my little home.
Then yesterday happened.  During a sudden spurt of home improvement genius, my roommates and I have taken it upon ourselves to paint the main floor of our townhouse.  While taping off cabinets after work, my roommate asked if I had seen the crazy bird that kept flying into the window.  I had not.  But I looked the windows I had scrubbed meticulously, only to find bird goo splattered everywhere.  I am still wondering what was up with this bird that it left so much residue on my window.  Never mind, I don't want to know.
Later in the evening, I returned home to an empty house.  I walked toward the bird splattered window to gaze out at a lovely desert sunset over the valley only to discover a rather peculiar looking bird sitting on the balcony railing staring back at me.  Less than a minute later, the bird was attacking the window!  Unlike the hilarious Windex commercials, where the animals hit the glass and fall backwards in a moronic stupor, this bird just kept trying to fly through the window.  He scaled up and down trying to get to the table of misplaced artwork on the other side.
All I can figure is this; the bird is nuts.  Certifiably nuts.  He was the village idiot, got kicked out, and is now wreaking havoc on my at-one-time-clean window. That or he is aware of the mockery my housekeeping skills really are and is mocking me.  Personally, I think it's more of the former than anything else.  That or he has the Swine Flu.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! First commenter (commentator?)(:

    We once had a hummingbird get into our house and bash himself to pieces against a mirror until we could catch him and get him out. Not sure if he was narcissistic or masochistic...

    ReplyDelete