#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

marketing


Over the weekend I had a booth in a small artist market at Decades Antiques and Vintage, a really cool local shop here in Atlanta.  And dude, was it fun!  It was a one day market that had been postponed because of rain on the scheduled day.  Because of that, turn out was lower than expected.  Other vendors were complaining about this.  I didn't seem to notice.  We stayed busy all day long!  Whoop whoop!


This was also a really cool opportunity for me to set up shop outside of our apartment.  When your kitchen table is your studio, and your walk-in closet is used to store supplies and inventory, you tend to lose perspective on what you actually have and how it looks.  I'm accustomed to selling online and seeing products in my own home.

To see everything put together was the COOLEST!  Thanks to some generous friends who lent me a tent, tables, and linens, I was able to set up a display that felt so true to who I am as a person and as an artist.  To have it all read well was just the icing on the cake!



Plus I had some really cute friends stop in... (:


and cute helpers (:


Curious as to what the best sellers were?  I thought I'd share, in case you missed seeing everything in person.

In stationery, the top contenders were:


That said, all of the stationery sets did really well!  Everyone loved the assortments.  Honorable mentions go to anything floral or with sea life.  (:


Prints:


1. WHALES!  Both the Whale Friends and individual Seymour and Humphrey.  I nearly sold out of all of them.   2.  Give Thanks Pumpkin   3. Wintry Pine Tree   4. Poppies  5. Llama  6. females are strong as hell.  I still need to list in the shop the prints for the other word art, but all of these did really well!


The real star of the day was the 2016 Fine Art Calendar.  People were excited to give this away for gifts, or to give to themselves.  (:






It was SUCH a good day! I would love to do it again! In the meantime, the shop is open and stocked full of everything from the show, with a few additions coming soon.  Thanks to everyone who came out! What a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment