#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

nursery..so far...



To say I am pleased with the way the nursery is coming together is SUCH an understatement!  It is hands down my favorite room in the house.  From the natural light, Hyacinth the Water Buffalo serving as guardian spirit on the wall, to the hand painted wallpaper and feminine touches.  It is just so sweet!

This week we got a dresser in there and it has made such a difference.  Prior to this, baby girl's clothes and accoutrements have all been piled in her crib and on a rolling Ikea cart.  Suddenly the room feels big again thanks to organization and things having a home.

The wallpaper took awhile but was totally worth the work.  For a few dollars of craft paint, I was able to create the look I wanted.  Mr. F absolutely loves the look of the flowers on the wall.  I still have plans to add a faux chair rail to separate the wallpaper from the naked wall beneath.  

By the time baby comes, her room will probably change a lot.  There are dreams of shelves over the dresser, the dresser will also serve as a changing table.  My new favorite wicker rocker will be brought up from the living room and replace the wingback.  Things like that.  For now though, it just makes me wildly happy that it's coming together!  I'm finally feeling like we're in decent shape to welcome her home.  I know, wallpaper won't matter a lick to her, but having a place that feels complete and like home is really good for my mental well being.


sources: dresser- ikea, riding car- church rummage sale, wingback chair- hand me down, pink gingham pillow- ikea as is bin, rug- nordstrom, Hyacinth- target, hexagon quilt- handmade gift, toy basket- goodwill, crib- ikea, bumper pad- goodwill

No comments:

Post a Comment