#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Pages

Thursday, June 02, 2016

strawberry picking


My cousin called a couple weeks ago to invite us out their country home for dinner as her parents were visiting.  We jumped on this chance to see the family and headed outside of the city for some serious bonding time.  When we got there, we found everyone waiting for us so we could go pick strawberries at a farm down the street. 


As a Midwestern girl, I am very familiar with the notion of apple and pumpkin picking, but I don't think I had ever been strawberry picking.  It.  Was.  Wonderful!  Oh my heavens, those berries tasted so good!  Our group divided, everyone in search of the lushest plants.  I sauntered along, pointing out berries to Mr. F and eating a few along the way.  My youngest cousin joined us and thanks to him our bucket was actually filled.  We kept eating more than we were collecting...

It was such a fun treat to an already highly anticipated evening!  Plus, we got to have a heaping mess of fresh strawberry shortcake for dessert.  It was a win, win, win, win of a time!


No comments:

Post a Comment