#ContactForm1{ display: none ! important; }

Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

studio






I think I ate the Energizer Bunny yesterday, because I didn't stop moving all day long.  My midday hiatus was to sand and paint our desk.  It's the most basic of basic tables from Ikea and while I love natural wood finishes, this desk just needed some loving.  So I took the leftover paint  from refinishing our dresser and breathed new life into my "studio".

I used a roller and did a very thin layer of paint so when you're close, you can still see the woodgrain.  It feels more like a farmhouse table to me now and I couldn't be happier.  What with the desk looking all snazzy, I also painted the inexpensive magazine boxes I got at Ikea.  A little masking tape and some acrylic paint later, I had boxes that look like one of my favorite dresses.  Not intentional, but I love the burst of color, especially against my red potted plant.

While it's still a work in progress, I am loving how it is all coming together.  Even better, I can finally get to my stuff again after being buried in the corner for a week!  Success!  

No comments:

Post a Comment